Winter Workshop on Locomotion
From RCN Wiki
January 29-30, 2015, Tulane University, New Orleans, LA
- Jan 26-27, 2012, Princeton University: 2012 Winter Workshop
- Jan 17-18, 2013, Tulane University: 2013 Winter Workshop
- Jan 30-31, 2014, Princeton University: 2014 Winter Workshop
Location and Time
The 2015 Winter Workshop on Locomotion will be held at Tulane University in New Orleans, LA. Talks are scheduled in the Lavin-Bernick Center for University Life (LBC), Building 29, Room 203 -- Stibbs Conference Room. An interactive campus map can be found here.
The workshop will begin on Thursday, January 29, 2015 at 9:00am and end on Friday, January 30, 2015 at 5pm.
- Soon-Jo Chung, Department of Aerospace Engineering, University of Illinois
- Melissa Green, Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, Syracuse University
- John Guckenheimer, Department of Mathematics, Cornell University
- Ross Hatton, School of Mechanical, Industrial and Manufacturing Engineering, Oregon State University
- Ted Iwasaki, Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, University of California, Los Angeles
- Michel Lemay, Department of Bioengineering, Temple University
- Kiisa Nishikawa, Department of Biological Sciences, Northern Arizona University
- Shai Revzen, Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, University of Michigan
- Chris Richards, Department of Comparative Biological Sciences, Royal Veterinary College, University of London
- Jonathan Rubin, Department of Mathematics, University of Pittsburgh
- Justin Seipel, School of Mechanical Engineering, Purdue University
- Simon Sponberg, School of Physics, Georgia Institute of Technology
- Sharon Swartz, Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, Brown University
Oral and Poster Presentations
The schedule and title of talks can be found in the workshop program.
The workshop program includes 14 talks and 13 posters.
Posters will be hung on Thursday (1/29) morning and will remain on display for the duration of the workshop. The poster session will be held Thursday afternoon.
Dinner will start at 7:00PM, and a cash bar will be available starting at 6:30PM.
Attendees flying to the workshop should book their flights to arrive at the Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport (MSY).
A taxi from the airport is $35 to $40, and takes ~30 minutes. An alternative, less expensive option is to take a shuttle (~$38 round trip). Information can be found here.
For late arrivals to the Park View Guest House: If you have not already indicated that you will arrive at the hotel after 6PM, please contact Geralyn Caradona before January 19th. The front desk is staffed between 7AM and 6PM, so special arrangements will need to be made to accommodate any arrivals after 6PM.
The Park View Guest House (7004 Saint Charles Avenue) is a 10-12 minute walk from the workshop location. Google map
The Hampton Inn Garden District is located at 3636 St. Charles Ave., a 45+ minute walk from the workshop location. Google map The easiest way to get to Tulane is via the St. Charles streetcar line. Streetcars depart approximately every 10-20 minutes one block from the Hampton Inn throughout the day and night. Standard fare is $1.25 (exact change only). 1-day and 3-day passes can also be purchased. More information can be found on the RTA website.
Travel reimbursements (airfare and in-town transportation) will be provided for all speakers. Please download and fill out this reimbursement packet as soon as possible, and send by mail to:
- Geralyn Caradona
- Department of Mathematics -- Gibson Hall
- Tulane University
- 6823 St. Charles Avenue
- New Orleans, LA 70118
Be sure to include receipts of your airline ticket and boarding passes, as well as any other ground transportation in New Orleans to be claimed.